Sunday, December 27, 2009

Joy's first Christmas!






We had a blessed Christmas! It was a wild and crazy time, and the kids really enjoyed it. Tom and I are especially glad for the week after Christmas!

Joy is such an easy-going, happy-go-lucky kid. She is really enjoying her new toys, especially the Disney princess ball pit for kids 3 and up. Hmmm. It's taken this fourth child for me to start ignoring the age recommendations - I knew she'd love this! She is quite a talker. Her words include: mommy, mama, my mommy, dada, hi (echos this), and my MIL swears she said Todd (Tom's brother). Not sure about that one!

Gabe had a Star Wars Christmas. He managed to build the two lego sets in two days. I thought $50+ worth of legos would last a little longer . . . oh well! Tom got a Frank Lloyd Wright lego set that Gabe said he'd help him build it. I can't wait to watch. Gabe had a little cavity filled last week and I got a glimpse at an even whackier kid than normal after he had gas for 10 minutes! What a hoot!! He even said getting his tooth drilled was fun. What a nut!

Megan got her long-awaited DS. I'm not sure what the attraction to this is, because I couldn't pick out a game for her even though I tried. She gets to do a little shopping once the stores calm down and restock! She was a big help this Christmastime because she helped me make 4 or 5 batches of caramel fudge sauce. Although the growing up is inevitable, this is our first Christmas with doubters. A real bummer!

Seth wanted a guitar. He was very pleased with it, but now what?? I guess we'll have to look into lessons. I know Tom would like to learn too. I wonder if there is such a thing as two for one lessons! He also got a couple DS games, so he'll be entertained for quite a while. He is such a thoughtful boy. He asked his Uncle Todd to pick up two gift cards for Tom and I to Biggby coffee. He has a very generous spirit! Now I just have to make sure he pays his uncle back!


2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Merry Christmas Ter Haars! It sounds like you had a really great Christmas. All the pictures speak volumes. :)

HollyMarie said...

p.s. if we lived closer, my dh could give your guys guitar lessons! Oh well!